Oct 28, 2014

Photo-Bombed!

Hello, dear reader(s)!

While I tend to disagree with this sentiment being the linguaphile that I am, I realize that most people buy into the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. So without further ado, and keeping the words to a minimum, here is a photo-shoot highlight of a recent trip I took with students to Barahona.

I was instructed to select the top third of my two classes and prepare them for an oral exam that may or may not determine their futures (teachers in the Dominican Republic receive lifetime appointments). The results are in: 9 of my 15 students passed the exam (a higher pass rate than in some provinces), and 4 "sobresalieron" (stood out) enough to be selected to go to Santo Domingo and take a more difficult exam to become *my* replacement in the English Immersion program next year. Suffice it to say that this teacher/mother hen is positively weepy with pride.



The elation on my face?-The one-month countdown to homecoming!
I've been notably elusive about my boyfriend. Here we are together...
Some of my crazy students enjoying a "pit stop" at the beach.

Two of my afternoon students, Yuneika and Abril
It's almost predictable, isn't it...a van breakdown in a developing country?!


Looking like congressmen and -women, ready for their first interview :)

Saludos,

~Kirsten

P.S.-next time there will be more words, I promise...


No comments:

Post a Comment