May 13, 2014

Milestones

Dear reader:


It's been a while. My apologies. When I think about the advances in technology that make this blog possible I also tend to think about the tension that technology makes us wrestle with: the tension between documenting one's life and living it. I tend to favor the latter, which means that I'm guilty of not snapping enough pictures. These past few weeks have seen me playing "catch-up" with my camera, and today I treat you to a blog in pictures (with captions, of course!)...

My morning class at Las Marias, a natural spring pool. On the agenda for class that day were not irregular verbs but rather sunshine, camaraderie, chicken and beer!

An attempt at an underwater picture...

Me with one of my students, Scarling.


The streets in Santo Domingo are very narrow.

Two spoons and I didn't share with anybody!!

A friend, Cornelio, and I in Santo Domingo

My afternoon class surprised me with an American-flag birthday cake, speeches and song. They also painted my face with frosting!!
Well there you have it. A blog in pictures, so I can say that I posted something without too much of the time and thought that goes into my other posts.

Saludos until next time, dear reader.

~Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. A picture is worth a thousand words and these pictures speak volumes about the rewards of your challenging job! Loved them :)

    ReplyDelete